Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Nasturtium











One of my favorites summer flowers, both to look at and to eat. Also to grow.
I start them in doors as a early spring ritual, and get my daily kick from seeing how much they grow every day. I love things that grows so fast that one almost can see it. And that grows lush and colorful ,climbs and best of all.. also tastes wonderful.
They have been growing wonderful leaves and flowers for my salads all summer and recently I have
been picking the seed pods and making" capers -like" little pickles.
Here is what you do: keep a little jar with vinegar in it and every time you pick  the little pods with a little bit of the stalk still on, add them to the jar.
When the jar is full, store it in the fridge for about two weeks and they are ready to be mixed in with your salads , pizzas or what ever you would put capers into.

No comments:

Post a Comment